When it comes to my room, I like to keep things extremely minimalistic and clean. If you couldn’t tell already, I love when everything is white. From my blankets to all my furniture, it instantly makes my room feel brighter. I am always changing up my space and playing around with how I display my accessories. Some of my favorite items in my room at the moment are my ‘vacation fund mason jar’ from Ankit, and of course my cacti plants! Call me cacti obsessed.. I can’t get enough of them.
Looking to amp up your room? Here are some tips on how to do so!
- Plants plants plants. My plants are a main staple in how I decorate my space. Adding them brings life to your room- just don’t forget to spray them! Cacti plants are perfect because they are very low maintenance.
- Check out Ankit for some unique and useful accessories. What I love about my vacation fund mason jar is that its an instant reminder to save up for my future trips. It is also a great place to throw my loose change!
- Keep it clutter free. When I am doing work at my desk, I feel far more organized when my space is clean and minimalistic. If there is clutter all over the place, I can’t help but feel stressed which will ultimately impact my productivity.
- Display items that spark positive memories. Although my space is ever-changing, I make sure to always display memorable pieces that make me happy when I look at them. Currently, my postcards during my travels are on display, as well as a vase my mother made for me.
- My last tip is to be creative with how you store your items. I also use my desk to do my makeup, so I keep my makeup brushes at arms way to keep things convenient. I found the gold and marble pencil holders from Target and I knew they would be perfect to display my brushes. Go to a few thrift stores and find unique bottles or vases! It is an affordable way to add character to your space.